Monday, December 28, 2009

Merry Christmas, the box arrived, yea

Hey family
Sorry but this week the letter isn’t going to be all that long, I don’t have a lot of time to write because we have been out all day long First off how long has the family been there in the house, it sounded like you guys were having a really fun time all there together in the house, I don’t know how long really it has been since we were all there together and this time was no different because I have been here in the heat working my butt off ( literally) for the lord, but I know that there will be more Christmases and that I am going to receive a lot of blessings from the lord for serving him diligently for these short two years.
How did Christmas go for you guys? Pictures?, really thank you for all of the gifts that me and elder forero received, we are really grateful for the gifts we got, speaking of gifts, I have my tie bar, it was in the house of elder Dias like I thought and I got it this morning when we went to look at the año viejos, they are like super small, to 3 stories high, paper machet (sp?) sculptures and at midnight on new year’s they burn them and fill them up with firecrackers, a lot of which are homemade and are literally the same as half a stick of dynamite, so it will be really cool to get woken up at midnight Thursday. Elder Peterson described it like the world explodes. So next week in my letter I will have to tell you guys how it goes, Next week we have changes and we really don’t know if I will go or stay, right now with me and elder forero we are like 50/50 so we will have to see, if I get changed and don’t write you its because Im a little far away from Guayaquil and am travling, so don’t freak out if you don’t get a letter next week, we´ll just have to see what happens.
This week we were able to have another baptism for our efforts and I was able to baptize somebody for the first time in my life, it was a great experience and one I wont forget, Belen (her name) was an old investigator that we had that we couldn’t baptize because we didn’t have permission from her mother, so we just had to be patient and wait until we could get the permission, finally her mother said that she had seen a change in her daughter and that we could baptize her, it was pretty easy she was already a member non baptized, she had been assisting the church every week and participating in all the young women activites. So it was a cool baptism we had like 50-60 people there, so pics to come in the future.
Other than that this week went really slow and there were trunky feelings all around, so now we have a new week to get back into the swing of things and keep working in the work of the lord, I hope you are all doing well, Stay Safe, make good smart decisions , and keep the faith, I am praying for you every day and I hope that you have a good productive week, take advantage of the cold, I forgot how great it is to actually have seasons, I love you all very much Elder Jonathan Match Mision Guayaquil Sur

P.S. Happy new year 2010, make it a good on

No comments: