Monday, December 14, 2009

Bus Ride to Cuenca

Hey Family; Mom , Dad, Steven, Sam,
How’s the week been going for you, I am really glad that you were able to move marcie and Mike into their new apartment, I’m sure that Benjamin was really happy to get finally moved into the new house and not just go their to work, also he likes trucks and I would have liked to see his reaction to the u haul.
It always seems like the ward Christmas parties are pretty uneventful. On December 23 in our ward 2 of the 6 future missionaries are going to leave so Monday we are going to have a party for them. I think it will be a little more exciting here because they really like to party party. So the people will be dancing and there will probably be a lot of food, fun , and especially more than everything else, laughing.
I know everyone is getting married, its so weird, dax is especially weird, don’t worry when I come home Im not getting married ever so its ok with me.
First off, we get to talk on the phone for 30 minutes not 10. And we can do it on the 25 not the 24 so you guys can go to the wedding, but you have to be home on the 25th. I can tell you a time next week, when our schedule is more fixed, but right now I am an hour ahead of you there in texas so it will probably have to be at like 930 AM you time and we can talk until 10AM your time 11Am my time, also this week I will make sure to figure out the number that you need to call and I will call you guys from a pay phone, just to verify, It will only be like 2 bucks here for a minute and a half. So next week Ill make sure confirm all with you, I looked on the tracker for the box and it said that a week ago it left the states, so really there is a good chance that I will get it tomorrow, if not Ill get it 3 days before Christmas, but no worries.
Bummer about the Honda, its been a really tough little car, its gone through 3 teenage drivers and 2 of them have been pizza delivery drivers, so if you can fix it cool, good luck. Hey I would really like a picture of my baby in the sun with the new mags I think it would look really cool, just take the picture from the drivers side of the car.
Bummer about Dustin, he had the opportunity to be a really strong missionary, but he let the world drag him into it, and when he got rejected for his mission he completely allowed it to overcome him, he will see in time that the life of a professional musician usually isn’t the most edifying of jobs but eventually will remember the joy that comes of living a life of the commandments of god and will come back, it will just take a little time for him to just smarten up.

Sorry about the whole computer problems, hopefully it will be a good lesson for you and you can learn to keep backing things up. Yeah over time I will keep sending you guys pictures and I am not deleting anything from my memory cards. I still have a blank 2 gb memory card and the thing is I can buy them for a pretty decent price here in Ecuador. So we shouldn’t have any worries about running out of memory here in Ecuador.

ME well life has pretty calm here we are working rally hard here in el batallon and the progress is going really well, this Saturday we had two more baptisms and its looking like we will be able to have like 3 or maybe 4 more before the end of the change at the beginning of January. So we really are working pretty hard here, it will be really weird to see if I or elder forero leaves this change, right now we are at a 50/50 chance of either of us leaving so we´ll have to see.
When I was sick I missed my zone conference in Guayaquil so president johns invited us to Cuenca for their zone conference, normally its 4 hours in a bus to Cuenca, for us it took 7 their was a wreck and a bunch of un planned stops by our driver, so welcome to Ecuador, but the thing is Cuenca is cold because its in the top of the mountains, in the night it got to like low 50s high 40s, cold enough that we had to use 2 really thick blankets, also its really quiet, and its way rich, I have some pictures of Cuenca in my camera and Ill send them to you later, but its really cool, the thing about Cuenca is everyone in catholic I have a picture us us leaving on the bus and you can see 7 different cathedrals so sorry this week nothing really happened, exciting to me, it was a really calm really boring fast kind of week, Im going to try and write down all the funny weird or cool things that happen to me so my letters can be better.
I love you all very much and I pray for you everyday, stay safe, drive smart, act smart, use the spirit as you guide, keep the faith, Love Always, Elder Jonathan Match.

No comments: