Monday, May 31, 2010

Well family another week has gone by here in good ole milagro, I am sitting here not knowing what to do because I am absolutly broke, its kinda ridiculous, we dont get our money from the church until the first of everymonth, so here I am on the 31st and its seriously not working out too, actuallly the thing is that all the elders here are broke, this is the 5th week, and we wont get money until tomorrow, this tuesday I did get the notice from the mail office here telling me I have my package in guayaquil, the problem is that I couldnt go to guayaquil today to get it because there is no money to do it.
       I dont know if you guys heard, but 2 days ago a volcano started shooting out pretty high levels of gas here, its only about 1 1/2 hours from here so we got some pretty good ash fall, but you should have seen guayaquil all the people had to walk around with masks on because the level of gas that was in the air was so thick that it was a danger to anybody that would have tried to breath in the air. so it is a little sketchy, because its spewing out ash thats not a good sign, it means that any day now we are going to have a good eruption or an earthquake here, I almost want one to happen here, not for all the hurt it will cause with the people but it willl definatly help the work to go on progressing here. so dont worry the way my sector is is that if there is an earthquake here all  I have to do is jump out of the cane shack before it falls to the ground and then just walk into their backyard where there arent any wires, really this is the best sector for me to be in if there is an earthquaqke here, so well see what happens.
     not alot is going on down here, its just the same old walking everyday trying to find anybody thats willing to listen and accept the message of the restored gospel, its kinda hard some days, what makes it easier is that I have no real problems with the spanish language I can understand and talk with everybody, even the super out in the middle of the woods type person, and here in this country that means really really thick spanish, so its funny, how boringly fast it goes, I talk like its just slugging through every day just trying to make it through, but really every day is just flying by, were going to have to see if I stay here or not after this change, I already have 2  changes with elder fletcher and I really think that he needs a latin comp, hes to the point where hes well adjusted, speaking the language and doing great, basically to the point where having a gringo comp walking in the streets speaking english is probably not to good for him.
             so the name of one of my converts here is Jonathan Alava, we went over to his house last night and he was on his facebook, so I made him do a search of my facebook and some of yours, I believe that I sent one to you dad, with a message attached, thats so that If you see this random spanish contact you just know its because I made him sent the request,
 
STEVEN- check your gmail account !!!!!!!!
 
question, hey can you guys tell me the username and password of our ward website, so that I can get on.
 
well Ive got nothing else, I love you all very much and look forward to talking with you again next week,
Love
Elder match

No comments: