Monday, May 24, 2010

so Iike dad said this has been a very long week since the last time that I wrote you guys,
                         the only difference is that all of my weeks are super duper long weeks and they all go by I kid you not 2 or 3 times faster than yours, we literally have to get a million things done every week and also deal with how every day literally flys by. seriously every week is like its own little change. we have to worry about who we are going to teach, when, how to get people out to church, staying away from problem places and people, and pretty much being like counselors to everyone, because when even the bishops of the wards come to the elders for advice and someone to vent their frustrations on it takes time, don't get me wrong I love the work here it is my life and it has and is helping me and the things I will do in this life beyond belief. and I really want you guys to know how grate full I actually am for all of the support and help I have gotten and am getting from you guys, it literally carries us missionaries throughout the week to know that our families are there helping us and letting us spend 2 years ( 2 1/2 for me) out of their checkbook so that I can be in another country talking about Jesus.
           today elder halls that lives above us, let me borrow a talk that he had on CD, by Cleon scousen (Sp?) on the atonement, it was absolutely amazing, because it was pure pure doctrine that literally changed the way I have been thinking about miracles and how they are done, he talked about how each element that exists, has a little bit of intelligence in it, so literally in the creation and the miracles, it wasn't just god making the stuff, the matter and the elements respected god and literally  god said what he wanted done and the elements obeyed and did it on their own, so when jesus was all like turn water into wine, he didn't turn the water into wine, he commanded the water and the water turned itself into wine, I seriously suggest you find this talk, it is absolutely amazing and I am going to go home after this and listen to it again. now all me and elder fletcher have been doing with elder halls is talking deep doctrine for the last like 4 hours, yes I know there are better things we could be talking about but the fact is that its way more fun to talk about doctrine than about baptism.
           Speaking of motorcycles, I know mom is going to love this, but when I get home I am getting a motorcycle, I am starting to like the idea of a nice big enduro, or if not that something along the line of like a honda shadow, without it being a honda shadow. or mabye a big kawasaki sit up straigt bike, I just nee to find out what I like riding. Just from being here where everybody, and I mean everybody, I swear I see more little old grandmas on bikes more than middle aged men rding around, yeah that might be an exageration but Im not kidding everyone rides here, and Im also seeing how stupid it is to ride without a helmet or protective equipment, so its cool i really do want to get a nice comfortable sufficently large sunny day riding bike when I get home, to save on money and because its cool, mom I know that you love me and would never want me to get hurt but serously theyre cool and Im kinda an adult, not all the way but im getting there, but no worries well cross that bridge when I get home.
             it sounds like the harley is pretty cool youve never told me how bigg it is how many cc does it has, and how much does it weigh, yeah Ive seen the pic but that dosent do alot to help me all that much.
 
           I hope you all have a fun week this week with aj, I know that that will be cool, all of you guys together one last time, elder fletcher has a friend that his brother got married and his other brother is on the mission, so the family went and made a life size cut out of the one missionary brother and put the cutout in allof the pictures, so that it looked Like he was there, so Im thinking that you guys could do that for me ,its not goingto be hard and Ill be in all of your pics that you can send to people,
 
hey dad you know there is a problem with your math on when Im coming home, dont you know that literally agosto to decimber basically dosent even happen, the fall months go by so fast its not funny, take the normal, months that you are missionary, yeah they already fly by but then you put the fall with all the stuff that goes on and they really fly, I ts going to be cool, because im going to blink my eyes and its going to be christmas and Im going to be super trunky because elder halls will have gone home.
 
with school yeah I have no problems taking classes right when I get home, itll give me something to do and just keep me occupied, talking about school, we have about a year, you might want to start thinking about the super awesome kick butt laptop that you promised me, no joke I want like 700gb ram and an amazing video card, and windows 7 because using word 07 for 2 years here has spoiled me and thats what Im thinking i want.
 
and lastly from your letters, clothes, in the ward, we have a brother that is a tailor, I know I havent shown you guys pictures of me in that grey suit that you bought me but lets just say it doesnt fit, actually every time that sister johns sees me in it she laughs at me because se says that it looks like im shrinking more every time i whear it, so the brother in the ward says that he can make me a custom fitted 3 piece suit for under 100 dollars, Im really thinking I should do it while I have this oppurtunity here in milagro, it will be cool and I get to chose my fabric and everything, and the other money will just be to pay off the debts I have, so no biggy.
 
          the works going pretty well here not alot is going on we have gotten into a pretty good finding spree here and now we just need to sift through them and figure which ones are chosen and which ones only want to listen to us, becuase they like listening.
 
we had a fun run in with an anti Mormon the other day too, it was funny because we just let him rabble and rabble on, and then he just went away thinking that he all won and more proud of him and his bible than ever, it was really sad and i got a little depressed, just because its so sad how far people can fall away from the same god that gave them life.
 
still no word on the box, but no worries it will get here any day now, but I still wont be able to get it for 2 weeks just because Ill get my package slip on tues and then have to wait until the next week to have money and get my package out of hawk.
 
well I love you all very much and hope you all have a good week. stay safe and work hard,
Love
Elder Jonathan Match
Mision Ecuador Guayaquil Sur
 
ps mom I was about to send this and your email got to me, all was written before I read yours, steven I know you will hate me for this but seriously satan will do ALL he can to stop you from going on you mission, he will literally if he has to try to kill you, spiritually ( sin) and physically, you just need to be as safe as possible, look at how bad I wanted a bike, when I was in high school I was not mature enough to be riding a bike, but when I get home I will get one, so just be patient, get a sweet nice sports car and pick up chicks instead, remember you cant( dont) take a girl on a date on your motorcycle but if you both go in your nice sports car you might just get lucky ;)

No comments: