Monday, July 12, 2010

I am not kidding I am so glad that it finally got finished, for the last couple of monthes the hype up along with all of the advertisements and all of the laziness that the people here were having is finally done, on sunday spain won the netherlands, 1 to 0 in like the last 3 minutes of extra time, Yes I admit it i saw the game, actually i saw most of the games because here in ecuador it totally isnt like the states, when the missionaries come over the tv goes off, well here its almost the opposit, we will sit down to eat our lunch and they will turn on the tv, yeah i know cool, but I was able to see alot of the world cup, soccer still is not my favorite sport in the world but I was cravin being able to watch sports, so I ate up all that I got, becase I still have a little bit of time before I get to sit down and  watch a sport on tv without feeling all of the guilt involved, its such a weird feeling I want to just sit down and be able to watch tv all I  want but at the same time when I honestly have the oppurtunites to do that here I feel so bad.

so a little bit went on this week I was able to do a freaking wreck of a service this thursday, we agreed to help one of the mothers in law of one of our members here, she told us that we werer just going to be moving a couple of bricks from one side of the yard to another. so Im thinking all right lets do it its just moving bricks, so we get over there, and lo and behold, there were more than 2000 freaking bricks all piled up about as tall as I am, so she also has abunch of hills of dirt in her yard making a straight walk over impossible. so what I had to do was first build a bridge between two of the hills so that we could put a wheelbarrow across the hills, then we spent the next 4 1/2 hours moving brick after brick across the yard, oh yeah did I forget to mention that we only got about half way done, and this thursday we are going to go back to finish the job so im not looking forward to it, my legs still hurt from the first time, and dont worry about my shoulder, its been more than 13 months from the surgury and I feel great there, its actually my other shoulder that hurts but dont worry Im doing fine on all the physical front.

I also met a very interesting guy, hes black and he comes from one of the islands and his parents were slaves, he was here when slavery was still legal, it was cool to talk to him a little bit about his life and all the stories that his parents told him, so that was cool.

and Ive been thinking about what Im going to do for work when I get home, because belive it or not we talk about that alot as missionaries, its always what we are going to do when this really short time runs out here, and I dont think I can work at dominoes, it would be a really good job but I dont want to put that many miles on my baby. so I have to think, but then I also though about umping again when I did it the first time I really did not take it all that serious, I only had like 16 years and  I wasnt ready to take it serious I just wanted money, but I think that now days I will be a little bit more mature and I get to make my own schedule so that could be good for me.

well Ive got nothing else, I look forward to hearing from you next week,
Love you lots, stay safe, and keep the faith
Elder Match
Mission Ecuador Guayaquil Sur

No comments: