Monday, June 21, 2010

Hey,
Like I said I know its a little crazy, but yet again another week has gone by, I just realized as I was typing this that this is the last june 21 I will have in the mission, I know Im not trying to be trunky, thats just a natural part of the mission coming to the realization that you are getting old in the mission, that pretty soon here all the elders that you really know are starting to go home or will be going home really soon, Its like elder halls, he only has 4 changes left in the mission, and its super crazy to think like that, its the reason that I dont talk like that, it brings way to many problems.

so like I forgot to start, happy fathers day, I know you could here all the enthusiasm in my voice, Im not trying to be mean, the thing is that here fathers day means, just a lot of drinking hard, and domestic disputes, but thank goodness its over, and for the fact that we live in a country that if you are going to do your drinking you are going to generally do it behind closed doors and not put your giant speakers facing outwards to the road, but seriously dad thanks for all that youve done for me, I really truly appreciate it.

on the car front, because as you all know I really do need to talk about my car at least 1 time a week while I am writing so that I dont go stir crazy only doing missionary work here in ecuador. if you want to buy the carpet kit and the seat kit now because you think you can get a better deal I say do it, but I want for sure to do those two things, not you, all of the inside work on the car i want to do, speaking of a new dash cover, that might be good figuring that the last one we put on is all warped and was only a half cover, so if you buy a new cover, a full cover will funcion and look better that the little half ones. also with the electricity I will need your help, the main thing is that the dome light dosent light and the clock doesnt work and it sometimes shuts off and its like there is not battery so I guess I will just have to trace wires until I find whats draining it. you say that it will take monthes to finish my car, Father I expect the only thing that will hold me back from working on my car will either be, class or Im simply waiting for the part to get in, I think you are really underestimating how much I am going to be working on that blue goddess of mine.

mom I came to like the 2nd best mission in the world for seafood, next to like an asian mission. we eat alot of seafood here, like honestly 2 days ago I was eating crab, granted its not going to compare in the amount of meat that you guys have on the crab there but I got to get the taste of it, but crab here is also rare, its everywhere and really cheap, the people are just lazy and rarely cook it.

dad get into shape thats all im going to say, Im not worrried about you having a heart attack while i am on the mission thats less than a year, but when steven is, you are seriously starting the falling apart of your body years dad and its seriously not worth it to excercise, I no you dont want to and it sucks but at least you need to go walking EVERY night, and honestly go get a physical with dr burchard and get you heart checked, its like I tell all of the people here, the life isnt easy, it shouldnt be easy, if it was easy it  wouldnt be the life, things suck but, we grow when we break old habits and make new ones. we are way way better people when we can learn from the past, correct all of our past mistakes and keep going on in the life.

Now about the boat, dad Im not going to lie I have been jonesin for some water sking, but honestly its your decision, I like the boat, you know that when I wasnt being lazy, Im the one that likes boating, but its up to you, Im also not going to lie a jet ski would be really cool, because I could take my friends and we could just do a really easy quick launch and go tubing behind a jet ski. but like I said, your decision

Im going to pick up the whole suit today, but I have already tried on the jacket and the pants and it looks really good, it goes really well with my sun bleached hair, and it looks good, the pics will come next week. and the boot insoles are working really well, the leather on my boots is super soft and they just mold to my feet.

the work started picking up a little more this week, me and elder fletcher just picked up our records and went and visited every single family that was in the book and now we have couple of appointments, actually tonight is actually going to be really really busy, tonight we have the oppurtunity to get our entire goal of 10 news, its really cool, we are packed starting at 6 and its work all night, but its good, because working is way better than just sitting around. trying to look for news, the thing is you think that people are cold in the states, they dont even compare to the people here, the level of religous fanaticism that exists here is redic, like in the states, we love religion, they do too here, the only difference is that here they think that is has to be a war or a fight and that literally the ¨mormons¨ are of the devil, so after every contact that was a dud, me and elder fletcher, just got into the habit of saying , your cold blooded, or your as cold as ice, ( its a chapells show reference, ask steven) (p.s rick james)

but the work is starting to get better here and I know that it will start off one of these days. for the better,
well stay safe family, have a good, week and keep the faith,
Love
Elder Match
Mision Ecuader Guayaquil Sur.

No comments: