Monday, April 19, 2010

Well First off,
             WOW Im so proud of you steven, who ever gets to say that they go to anything nationals, and now you get to, in your junior year might I add, you get to go. so study hard, because this isnt an opportunity you get everyday. really you know Im so dissapointed that I didnt do the whole clinicals thing while I was in high school. instead I just wasted time, didnt study and and took 2 off periods my senior year. seriously steve, dont waste time, but seriously Im so freaking pridefull right now. I have a brother thats going to a national competition in a medical program, its so cool.
             And dad way to go seeing a good money making oppurtunity when it comes in the way. that should be cool your getting a 300+ dollar payout for something you just bought on a whim, but that is also the magic of ebay. and mabye they werent stolen, but they were parents selling something that their son bought and really had no idea how much he paid for it. so seriously way to go for taking advantage of something good.
             Look at all the blessings you are getting from me being here eating rice. and making you spend 400 dollars a month. No but seriously I am so greatfull for the sacrifice you  guys make just so I can be here doing to lords work.
Its so true, this church isnt just a religon you can have, it has to be something you live, thats the biggest problem that the people have here, they just want to have their church and not do anything else about it. but Im here to change that. It is actually quite funny when I see the change people have in the attitudes. ¨its like wow faith without works is dead, I never knew. crazy I actually have to work for my salvation¨ wow. no but the people here are really good people, they just have a few quirks about them that just want me pull out my already falling hair. like the teenagers that have like 16 years, they all just care about drinking and football. but then you just get the one that doesnt have his head in his butt, and he is just so ready to accept the truth. but even with all of their problems i still love them.
         Im so glad the work here is finally progressing. the other elders that were here before me had hurt the work here a little, with disobedience and other things the trust of the members when I got here was basically nonexistent, but now finally after 2 monthes here they are finally opened up to me and are going out w/ me and elder fletcher.
           we have a new investigator that I absolutly love. because finally in my whole mission I have a challenge, i get to use the years of useless studying doctrine. His name is Cristofer Leon. he is a retired air for officer, he was in the ecuatorian air force for 25 years, and now he retired and bought a cacao plantation, he is absolutly awesome because he is smart, and gives us all the fruit we can carry. hes going to be a hard one becaues, he cant come to church. on the plantation they have to constantly watch it because people jump the fences and steal the cacao, so he always walks around with a gun, and its cool. he has dogs that he lets out at night but cant during the day because they would bite them. heres a kicker, he actually knew what raytheon is. who knew. but that was cool were going to have to see what happens with this guy. it should be fun our teaching.
          in the next couple weeks we are also going to have  a couple of baptisms so pics will be coming. So you know what else is coming, Mothers day, yes thats right I said mothers day. i know i wont be able to get you a gift mom, and Im sorry for that, but its ok, and We are going to get to talk on the good ole telephone. actually Im not a big fan of talking to you guys vocally, its makes you too trunky, dont get me wrong I want to, and we will I just know the side effects of said calls.
            So I dont think Ive ever told you guys,but did you know here, we dringk quite a bit of tea. yes i said tea, its all herbal and its a huge part of the culture, to the point of right now in my house I have tea my favorite is an herb called manzanitta and miel. its great. cinnamon is also good. so dont be suprised if I come home and am still addicted to teas.

well nothing else for today. I love you all very much and hope you all have a good day, stay safe, keep the faith
Elder Jonathan Match
Mission Ecuador Guayaquil Sur.

No comments: