Monday, April 5, 2010

Hi Family hows it going. I just got your letters and im not going to lie, mom and stevens were ok, but I couldnt really understand dads. It didnt really make sense. Im just hoping that thats from the meds hes on from being sick.

So this week has gone pretty good, Im just getting settled in with elder fletcher and things are going really well, he has a strong desire to work and dosent like being lazy. but also hes just so tuckered out at the end of the day that we come home plan and then he passes out. I remember the beginning of a mission is hard. you dont know whats going on, the food is different and you dont really understand anything they are saying. but hes dilligently studying the language and in a month or two he will be fine with the spanish.
but really its so weird to have a gringo comp. hes new and just always suprised at everything, I know I was the same but its still weird to be seeing it happen.

Speaking about weird food, one of my favorite things to eat here is called guatita (gwa-tee-taa) and its made with potatoes and a penut sauce and the best part is the tripe ( for those of you who dont know, Cow stomach) I dont know why you would think the combination of those things would be really gross, but i love it, it has a good taste and the only thing wrong with the tripe is that its a little rubbery and the texture is the same as like tounge ( also really good) so thats just one of the weird things that im eating all the time here and just have never bothered to tell you guys about it.

so it was so weird I was sitting in the priesthood session of conference and I realized wow dad and steven are sitting there listening to the exact same thing Im hearing just like 3000 miles away. really I am so gratefull that you guys actually took the time to raise me well and teach me the gospel. if you never did I would not be sitting herer right now in ecuador typing this. I would probably be a t college doing bad stuff and just trying to get on with my life, I am so gratefull for all of the blessings that have been coming with the mission. mostly my personality has been changing, Yeah I still joke around with my friends, and now that elder halls lives next door we are constantly joking around. but the change of person that I have had and the change that is still going on in me is amazing. sure I still have my little bumps and imperfections, but everyday those are going away as I am here walking and preaching the gospel. and just think If you guys never taught me the gospel all that and this would never have happened, so really thank you.

during the conference sessions. me and fletcher decided to just stay and chill watch the news and whatever else came on. after the report it was a church school propaganda video. talking about the byu schools and what was there. wow it was so freaking trunky to watch that, I had to force myself to just sit there and remember, jon you still got a year left of this. but that was just one of the funny things that happened.

so the thing about here is the people dont really care about conference all that much. on saturday at the 2 sessions only like 50 people were there. and thats from all of the city, not just our ward.then priesthood there were a little more, then it his easter morning, more than 700 people came to the first session of conference, and yoiu know how many came to the second... like 75
in total, it was like the people were like ok I went to church in the morning, its done now I dont have to go again, think only 10% Of the people that came to the sun morn session came to the afternoon session. so it was a little wake up call, I was a little weirded out.

well thats all thats going on in my life, Im still going to be sitting here at the comp for a little bit, so if youve got a question or comment speak it now. or forever hold your peace ( forever=next monday)

I love you all very much and hope you have a good safe week
Elder Match

No comments: