Tuesday, January 12, 2010

It's a HEAT WAVE with a CHANCE of RAIN

Hey family,
Wow I wish I could be there with you guys in Texas right now, not because I want to go to my house but because I don’t want to have to deal with the ridiculous amount of heat that we are having, but, there’s good news and bad news,  the good news is that the rains have finally started, about 3 weeks late, the bad news is that the rains have finally started, yeah I know that sounds stupid, but it’s great, the climate is defiantly cooler when it’s raining, but we are also soaked to the bone, and the bad part is when it stops raining and the sun comes out, you want to die. You can literally see the steam coming off of the ground as you walk, but that’s winter here in Guayaquil, we’ll have to see, if I get to go to the mountains pretty soon here I will get to be in the cold, literally the cold where you have to sleep with blankets and everything, if not, oh well, Im not going to die.
Yesterday, I’m sorry that I could not write you guys, we had our zone conference, it was really good, in my zone the last change we had 34 baptisms and this change we should be able to have more, so it’s ok dad that you wrote I got to read your email today, but normally I read and write my emails at like 12 or 1 every pday so if you want me to securely get it you should send it before then.
I’m sitting here with one of my investigators here in a cyber, His name is Diego, he’s 23 and really cool, but he’s really hard, he has a lot of faith and really wants to do what’s right but also he has some problems to take care of, but he says hi and hopes your having a good time in Texas.
It’s weird to think of Ben being able to just go outside and play, I know that when I was there in the states he was already doing it, but it still just feels so weird to think of him doing that, even more so because he is starting to talk.
Tell grandma that I hope she is feeling better and that I am praying for her I am feeling way better, sure everyday Ill wake up sore, and I still have a cough, but the satisfaction that we receive as missionaries, is way worth it.
Sorry our sector has been really boring since before Christmas, just everybody here is drunk all day every day, really we leave the house at like 8 in the morning to do something and already there are people drinking its really sad. Its also shown me how blessed I have been to have been raised with the word of wisdom and a strong desire to not drink.
Dad thank all that is good that I haven’t had to eat cow hooves again, I honestly think I won’t be able to swallow it, it is defiantly a blessing to live in the states, we need to remember honestly how good we have it there. My Spanish is going great, I’m just to the point now where I have to force myself to learn something new with the language every day, because if I don’t it’s just going to plain out and it won’t keep getting better. Ill try and do some pushups as well but with the way my shoulder has been feeling I will probably wait a week or so before I really start working it out again.
Sorry that you guys had to freeze your buts off working on the car, But I want you guys to know how much of a blessing it really is to have seasons, and the ability to get a time of hot and cold, its way better than just hot, all the time. Steven study hard for these things that your doing with your medical classes, because if you could go to nationals that would be really  cool it would be a great experience for you.

Well I love you all very much, Ive got a couple of other things to do today, tell Emily that I got her letter and next week I should be able to send hers.
Stay safe, keep the faith, and pray always, Love Elder match

No comments: