Monday, February 8, 2010

Hey Family
    Well like I always say, another week has gone by here in good ole Guayaquil Ecuador. The work is going good and I’m charged, I just need to keep it up or its going to get monotonous. There is only one more week left in the change and next Monday, it is almost secure that I am leaving Barrio Batallon, its been a really really good ward and its going to be hard to leave, especially as in this week and in the coming week we are going to teach lessons and I wont know what happens with the people, but that’s the mission right, Ill get to go to a new sector, and make new friends and teach new people, so im looking forward to that. Its really hard to believe that already im going into my 4th change since I came back to Ecuador, and in 2 ½ monthes I will complete 1 year in the mission. Im to the point ( sorry) where Im really only thinking about you guys in my prayers and Mondays when Im writing, Its so much different when you know the language and your companion is looking at you to teach the same amount as him, and in 1 or 2 changes, I can or will be training, and that scares the crap out of me, so we will just have to see what happenes.
    Im glad that you were able to have family and friends over to watch the super bowl, how were the commercials, funny or not all that good this year. Also how was it to see the video on the ridicously large television that we have, I took it so for granted to have surround sound and a giant tv, now that im here.

    Con ben and sam, just have steven and dad build a little picket fence, 4 ft tall and put it around the plants, paint it white and it will look good, it should only be a days work for steven and dad.
    Dad on the guitar, just keep on keeping on, you will get to the point when you stall out I promise you, it is starting to happen with my Spanish, you just need to keep learning the new things, take a day, work on the basics once again just keep working at the things you are having trouble with, just keep at it,
    Hey good job that you are getting to work with your calling, now the lord can bless you and help you, just remember that we cannot receive blessing for not doing anything, the lord is willing and ready to help you dad, just work and the support will come. Oh and activate andy.
    That’s great that steven is now earning money and you can get him a car that he will actually want, that should be good, because it will teach him to save big quantities of money and learn to manage it well. There is something different when we buy something big with our own money, we defiantly protect it more which is good to learn responsibility.

Here in batallon the life is good, im getting along with my companion and on Saturday we had a baptism and this Saturday we should have 3 or 4 more (pics to come), so yeah things are going good, my boots are amazing they are super comfortable and I am only using them a little bit, Like I said I am trying to kill off my old florsheims, each shoe has holes in it and in both ofthem if you take out the insole you can see to the floor, so my legacy is coming along really well, My clothes are still fine the only problem is that they keep getting bigger, so im ok on that front for now.
That’s pretty much whats happening, yeah sure im still seeing the drunks the poverty, the crazy and the crime, but know that im having a great time here and wouldn’t change it for the world, the time is actually going too fast.

Well I love you all very much and hope you have a good week, stay safe and make good choices Love Elder Jonathan Match

ps i know you dont want to be messenger boy but if you could tell sis nelson  to tell elder nelson that next week Im going to try and send a letter.

No comments: