Tuesday, October 20, 2009

First Stop El Batallon (el batt-i-yonn)

Tue 10/20/2009 2:31 PM

Hey family hows it going. first off sorry I couldnt write you yesterday we got our p-day switched for ONE WEEK ONLY. I put that in caps so you guys would still know to write me on sunday. Today has been pretty good so far, I went to the temple and it was great, my shoulder hurt during parts but I wasnt even paying attention, I know you guys are wondering so I´ll start with this, yes my shoulder hurts, yes it is extremely tired during the day, but it is completely bearable.
I am in el batallon. (el batt-I-yonn) it is great. My new compaƱeros name is Elder forero, he is from colombia but speakes english and has relatives that live in the states. Our area is awesome. it is more in the city and yes all of the roads are concrete. All the food is great, we actually get meat every meal and the soups have things in them. we eat lots of hearty meals. but we also walk alot during the day. more of the people in this area have cars so we also get rides alot of the times.
we are working super hard in our area. we have 15 investigators and 6 have baptisimal dates, its really great. I know you wanted to hear about me being in shock, but really the first day I was here I was able to get right into the swing of things. My spanish is coming back, little by little. Elder forero says I have really good spanish, but I think I need alot more work to do. The temperature has actually been really good. rainy season dosent start until january 1 so I have some time. like two or three days this week it was in the 70s but also there was a day when seriously I thought I was going to die it was so hot.
we are in the foothills of the mountains. so all to one side of our area are the mountains and its really cool at night because you can see all the lights of the houses going up the hill.
It would be cool to get actuall letters from you but there is a new rule and if we want to send letters we have to pay ourselves, so I really will only do that with spence and emily.( I wrote spencer and am waitng to get something from emily before I write her.
mom- yeah the adrress that you have is the same one that we use, The plane trip was fine, it was pretty boring though I was just sitting there all day. yep im workin hard and I know that the lord will bless me if I just do what president hinkleys dad told him and forget myself and go to work.
Steven - make sure to tell every football player you see to not get cocky, plano senior is not that good this year.

well I love you lots, personally I like the blog Idea and would be fine if marcie did it I´ll try to send photos time to time.

have a good week
Love
Elder Match the 2nd

No comments: